Thursday, March 21, 2013

Rough Draft = Done

Yep, you see the title right. The rough draft of BMTL is DONE! I finished it at 11:52 p.m. on March 19th. This is a BIG deal for me, I've never finished a book before. NEVER. I always start them and then get new ideas in the middle of writing them and then POOF, I change over to the other.

But I stuck with this idea. This idea was THE idea. I couldn't have stopped writing it even if I wanted to. I can't wait until I get all the revisions done and the re-write and get it all fixed up and pretty to send it to agents. I want to be able to share this story with everyone. I want everyone to know my characters as well as I do. Care for them as much as I do.

I'm still in shock I finished. I've been working on this non-stop basically for nearly four months. The 28th of March would have been four months. The deadline I gave myself was July 1st! And I beat that by a little over three months.

I've decided to give myself a break from it until Monday. My son's 2nd birthday party is on Sunday and we've been so busy with that and getting things ready for our new bedroom suite to come in! I've been dreaming of a small break, but now that I'm on it, I don't know what the heck to do! 

I had so many things running through my mind. Getting caught up on shows, catching up on some reading (Though that's impossible!), relaxing, going to bed early. But hardly any of that has happened! I can't seem to turn my mind off. I'm twitchy wanting to grab my printed out copy of my manuscript and attacking it with a red pen.

But I'm going to wait until Monday. 

My next step with this book is, like I said, going through it and attacking it with a red pen. I'm going to go through it, make notes. And then I'll go through my wonderful critique partner's notes and add all of them together, and then start working on the outline for the second draft.

Once that is done, it's beta reader time! :) And then I'll keep going through the process of it until it's somewhat ready to be sent off to Agents. Super nervous about that. My heart is starting to beat really fast just THINKING of that. But I just need to remember that I won't get anything done and start working toward my dream until I send it to them. And it only takes ONE yes. :D

Hopefully I'll start getting better at updating this blog! I've been so with it so far. Hopefully I'll update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment