Thursday, March 7, 2013

Almost There!

Okay, so I suck at updating a writing blog. The only blog I have ever been able to keep up with and update is my book reviewing blogs. That's a bit sad. But anyway, the last time I updated about being at my halfway point, it was January 6th (42 days after starting this rough draft) and now two months later (Almost four months after beginning) I've reached 70K, which was my goal.

I'm currently past 72K now, and I still have a bit more to write. I only have about six chapters left that I had planned and an epilogue, so after then the rough draft will be...done. That's so crazy! I'm so excited, but also amazed and shocked and my anxiety is kicking in.

I have a new critique partner, who is AMAZING, and I still have Michele Byrd looking over this rough draft. They are the only two people who have seen anything of this rough draft so far, and I can't wait to finish so I can get started on the second draft. I plan on going through and reading it and making thousands of notes and then creating one huge novel outline, and then re-writing it.

*cue anxiety* 

It's going to be a lot of work,but really worth it in the end. :) Once the second rough draft is done, I'll probably start picking up some beta readers to read it, so if anyone happens upon this blog and is interested, e-mail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment